Course: Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
Active IQ Level 2 in Fitness Instructing
FT / PT
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
New dates for this course are currently being set, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to register your interest with our admissions team via email.
*Please note that this course is currently awaiting verification.
Experience of gym-based exercise, including free weights, is highly recommended.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
You will be assessed by coursework/project, multiple choice examination, portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration/assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Exercise and Fitness
It also allows learners to broaden their knowledge to:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells